Office Manager Course
To provide an intense exposure to the varied skills needed by an office manager in a modern workplace.
This Office Manager Course is accredited by the CPD Institute, which focuses on accredited high quality training for professionals in a wide range of industries. The course is delivered by an experience Office Manager trainer and business trainer. All of the learning exercises are highly interactive. We hold the training at set dates in our London centre.
Office Manager Course Objective
To enable the learners to gain the wide range of skills required to become a successful Office Manager. On successful completion the learner should have gained a range of skills that will boost their confidence and career options.
This is a five day course with live tutors, which contains a mixture of interactive sessions and practical exercises. The course is delivered by high experienced trainers, with backgrounds in Office Management and Business skills.
Office Manager Course in London
The course comprises a mixture of interactive classroom sessions and practical exercises.
- The role of an Administrator explained
- The optimal mix of skills of an Administrator
- Soft skills for Administration
- Time Management, Delegation and Prioritisation
- Customer focus
- Delegation and supervision
- Team working
- Management styles explained
- Time management
- Career Development Paths and Options
- Targets and budgets
- Appraisals and Performance Management
- Policies, procedures and codes of practice
- Preparation of Business documents – letters, faxes, memos
- Organisational chart
- Filing and record keeping
- Health and Safety
- Legislation and compliance
- Equal opportunities and diversity
From Day 3-5
- Office Managers Careers explained
- Introduction to management theory
- The practical application of management theory
- How to work efficiently with colleagues
- Coaching others and improving performance
- Human Resources (HR) activities
- Conflict management
- Practical problem solving
- Introduction to Project management
- Systematic approach to decision making
- Negotiation techniques
- Setting Goals and priorities
- Managing stress
- Delegate effectively
- Motivating your people
Dates and Duration
A 5 day course from Monday to Friday, from 10:30 to 16:30. There is a course assessment on the last day.
Date and times as per course schedule. CLICK HERE for details
Office managers looking to gain formal training and certification in their field
Administration who are looking to become an office manager
The course requirements are not fixed. Some experience in Administration would be ideal.
CPD Accredited Certification on successful completion.
Far greater confidence in the workplace
A wide mix of skills to deal with challenging Office Manager Jobs
A clear Career Development plan for the future